Monday, March 2, 2015

Big News

Here's a video from a few weeks ago that I was waiting to share. We've got quite a lot going on in our home :) Within minutes of learning that Porter would be a big brother and she would again be a big sister, the questions and ideas started flowing out of Penny's mouth.
  • Where does the baby come out from?
  • Can I see the baby come out?
  • How long will you have to stay in the hospital? I'll just bring my sleeping bag and stay with you.
  • So when this baby is born, I'll be almost five and a half. When will the next baby be born? Maybe when I'm in second grade.
  • Counting the ultrasound pictures...one baby, two babies, three babies...sorry Penny, but there's only one baby in there :) The tech was just nice and gave us many photos of that one baby.
When I picked her up from school the next day, she said to me "Today I was jumping up and down quietly and my friends thought I just liked what we were doing at school, but I was really so excited about the baby. Mom I really wanted us to have another baby."  I love that she is so excited! I asked her to wait a week to tell her school friends, and she listened. She was so excited to tell her friends and teachers! And she's been giving my belly hugs as often as possible...she even pats my belly during the sign of peace in church to give peace to the baby. She has been excited to read about the baby each week on Baby Center (we're in the middle of Week 19 right now...baby is the size of an heirloom tomato). She asks questions and tells us about the things she'll teach the baby. It makes me so happy to see her excitement!

How is Porter handling the news? Well, we're not sure what he understands. He was super clingy the weeks after we broke the news. Was it the fact that he had a cold, or that he recognizes that something is changing around here? When Penny hands him a baby and asks him to rock the baby, he smiles and rocks that baby. He loves to peek into the baby room at daycare to see the babies. And, he LOVES his cousin Codie. Hoping he is just as excited about his own baby sibling when he/she arrives! After seeing Penny kiss my belly so often, he now does the same and says "baby belly" or "kiss baby". If you ask him where the baby is, he points to my belly. And he's even told us that he thinks it will be a girl baby (we're opting for a delivery surprise).

There will be some big changes for Mr. P over the next few months. He'll move into a big-boy bed and a big-boy bedroom. He will take more responsibility for chores. He will walk (so close!). Perhaps he'll potty train (we're slowly but surely working on it). He will be a big brother. I'm excited and happy to see him grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment