Sunday, July 10, 2016

On the verge of one

In six days, my baby will be one! I remember this point last summer. I was HUGE...my doctor sent me for another ultrasound to check on the baby's size. I thought I was ready, but I really had no idea what life with three kids was going to be like. This past year has been wonderful and difficult, crazy and amazing. It's been hard. But, we did it!
This kid here is an absolute joy during the day time! He is curious and happy and funny. But, for the past year, night time has been rough. He eats all night long. And our pediatrician has said, he should be capable of sleeping through the night. That we can stop night time nursing when either one of us is ready to stop. But I couldn't bring myself to stop. 
Paxton has had fluid in his ears since Christmas, when he had his first ear infection. We tried four different antibiotics. We kept returning for re-checks, only to find fluid. After the fifth official ear infection in May, we decided to go for tubes. 
Nursing at night seemed to be the only thing that offered him comfort. While it was hard for me, it made a difference for him. If I could go back and do it over, I would have pushed for tubes sooner. But, we all hoped the spring/summer would bring healthier ears. When it didn't, we knew it was time. On July 5th, Pax had his tube surgery. We're in recovery mode. And, last night, one week before his 1st birthday, Pax slept through the night for about the fifth time in his little life.
This boy is going to keep me on my toes! His hugs and kisses are extra sweet. He loves to play ball and eat. He loves his "dada" and refuses to say "mama". He waves hi and bye! He says all done when he's had enough. He loves to be outside, but hates the grass. He loves the pool! He likes to dance, especially in the grocery store.
We can't wait for his birthday! We're fully expecting the best cake smash this little family has seen! 
Mr. Pax...I love you so much! I can't believe you're almost one!


No comments:

Post a Comment