Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blacklisted

It's happened...the first party we were pretty clearly excluded from. It's the kind of thing I've worried about since we first learned Porter had Down syndrome. "The missing party invite". The joys of Facebook friending families from school now include knowing that we're being left off the list. And I don't know why, but it does hurt. My kids aren't going to know, so I shouldn't let it bother me. But, seeing photos of their friends happily enjoying a party together does make me more than a little sad. And, there could be a million reasons we've been left off...after all, I've declined some invites lately and I am always the mom who RSVP's late. Maybe it's me?
Did we have a wonderful day, oblivious to the party? Yes! Are there many families who go out of their way to include us? Yes! So we'll focus on the good and let go of the bad. And understand that moments like these are worth far more than anything we've missed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment