Monday, June 22, 2015

One month to go...

No one believes I'll make it, except for our doctors. Everywhere we go, people say things like "you're due soon, right?" or "are you sure it's not twins?"
I'm not a small pregnant woman. I haven't been during any pregnancy. I'm bigger than ever this time around. I have my work cut out for me after this baby arrives. But, it's my own fault...I eat. I eat healthy things and unhealthy things. I eat. And eat. And eat. 
This pregnancy has been different. I haven't had any real cravings per say, but have been consistently hungry. Insatiably hungry. Everything looks great! Everything tastes great! It's weird. Being pregnant in the spring/summer has been different. Running after two and carrying a boy who weighs 35 pounds while pregnant has also been different (but my doctor's are OK with it). I haven't worked out consistently, but I have been consistently on the go. My back hurts more and some days my ankles swell. 
This is me this pregnancy...it may not be pretty, but it's still super cool. I treasure every little kick and roll this kid gives me. I have no inclination of boy vs. girl. I'm older and yet somehow don't feel much wiser...I have no idea what it will be like to add a 3rd kid to the mix of sports and therapy schedules, or how to prepare for it. I realize this baby needs very little more than feeding, diapering, love and a good baby carrier (because, as Penny says, "mom, you can just wear the baby like you used to wear Porter"). With Penny & Porter in the mix, I have no doubt love will be plentiful.  And we'll figure it out. Can't wait to meet you baby- but please, wait a few more weeks, ok? 
Afterthoughts-
This baby has never been in my ribs- it's been sitting low the whole time (more like Porter), but it's heart rate has been in the upper 140's or 150's the entire time (like Penny). I think most people see me and guess boy, but only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment